It’s 18 days into the New Year and it didn’t begin like I wanted it. I’ve got 347 days to get it the way I want it.
This year, I will learn how to do FBA, match stripe fabric, sew with a plan (SWAP).
1. I’ll start with the FBA first. I have the muslin fabric (striped hey, I can multi-task). It think I’m going to use the McCall’s M5522 view B blouse.
2. Sewing with striped material. See above.
3. Sewing with a plan will be fine. I’ve selected the patterns already. McCall’s M5522 view B blouse; Simplicity 3800 view D twist top; Vogue V8424 view C skirt and Butterick 3134 view B skirt.
Last night, I finally assembled the cutting table I bought from Jo-Ann’s during the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s a Sewing Essential brand table. I will put it to use this weekend.
I believe I will acquire a serger this year. I don’t know what kind but I’ll get one.
There are a few items that I want to knit this year.
1. Nautilus hat – I’ve knitted this hat and frogged it because it was too big. I made a large. I’m currently making a size medium. I’ll probably finish this project by the end of January.
2. Jocelyn top. I’ve knitted the front and back. It needs to be blocked and I need to learn how to crochet the neckline. This will be a spring project.
That’s the plan for 2008. I also plan to blog more often. It makes me accountable.