The Burda World of Fashion (BWOF) came from my local Borders store last week. I ordered the Burda Plus magazine from Sew Baby (the service is excellent!). I understand why people like the magazine and I will try at least one pattern. Stay tuned.
I haven’t had success with McCall’s 5522. I used the high bust measurement and cut out the pattern but it’s too small 🙁 I can’t tell if the D cup size worked either. It doesn’t come in a larger size either. I’m so disappointed. I wanted this blouse to work. I’ve really GOT to figure out how to do a full bust adjustment.
Here’s the way the hat looks. Don’t mind the crazy pictures of me 🙂
Pattern: Nautilus Hats (her hat) by Marnie Maclean
Yarn: 1 1/8 skein Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes in purple medium size
Needles: size 4 Addi Turbo 32″
Time to knit: Forever…not really. I didn’t keep track. I’ll do better next time.
I’ve knitted this hat before but this was the first successful and wearable hat. I didn’t like the seed stitch for the band and was thinking about doing a 1×1 rib then I looked in my Vogue Knitting book and saw the double seed stitch and decided to go with it for the band.
I’m done! I’m done!
I really like this hat. I should. I’ve knitted it at least three times and produced one wearable hat. The Nautilus hat is a very simple hat to knit but I’m still a relatively new knitter so I made mistakes. The first time I knitted the hat the yarn was the wrong type. Who know cotton doesn’t give? The next time, I used wool blend yarn and it was too big but this one was just right. The only change I made to the pattern (besides my own mistakes) was to knit the band using double seed stitch.
I’ll post pictures tomorrow.
I’m plugging along on the Nautilus Hat. I should finish it this weekend and I will post pictures then. I’ve made this hat twice already. The first time, I used the wrong type of yarn. It was cotton and well…it wasn’t pretty. The hat was more of a pancake.
The second time I made it, it was too big. I hope like Goldilocks, this hat is just right.
I cut out the pattern pieces for McCall’s 5522 view A.
I’ll start on it this weekend. I’m going to make a muslin first. I plan to learn how to match stripes with this pattern. It should be interesting.
It’s 18 days into the New Year and it didn’t begin like I wanted it. I’ve got 347 days to get it the way I want it.
This year, I will learn how to do FBA, match stripe fabric, sew with a plan (SWAP).
1. I’ll start with the FBA first. I have the muslin fabric (striped hey, I can multi-task). It think I’m going to use the McCall’s M5522 view B blouse.
2. Sewing with striped material. See above.
3. Sewing with a plan will be fine. I’ve selected the patterns already. McCall’s M5522 view B blouse; Simplicity 3800 view D twist top; Vogue V8424 view C skirt and Butterick 3134 view B skirt.
Last night, I finally assembled the cutting table I bought from Jo-Ann’s during the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s a Sewing Essential brand table. I will put it to use this weekend.
I believe I will acquire a serger this year. I don’t know what kind but I’ll get one.
There are a few items that I want to knit this year.
1. Nautilus hat – I’ve knitted this hat and frogged it because it was too big. I made a large. I’m currently making a size medium. I’ll probably finish this project by the end of January.
2. Jocelyn top. I’ve knitted the front and back. It needs to be blocked and I need to learn how to crochet the neckline. This will be a spring project.
That’s the plan for 2008. I also plan to blog more often. It makes me accountable.