Here’s my list of remaining sewing items to buy from 2008
1. Rotary cutter mat (big one to go on cutting table)
2. More Pattern weights of some kind
3. Sewing table
It’s not a long list but I think I’m going to make some changes. I’m going to the Sewing Expo in two weeks and I plan to look at furniture. My sewing table and cutting table are better than the dining room table BUT I’m tall. I don’t want my back to hurt after sewing and cutting fabric. That means I’ll have to find ergonomically correct furniture…that also mean expensive. Maybe I will find something that’s not too expensive at the Expo.
2009 Sewing Goals
- learn to sew sleeves without puckers
- learn to make waist adjustments on skirts, pants, and dresses
- attend the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo (March 2009)
- make at least two skirts that fit me
- make one pair of pants that fit and it can’t be pull on pants!
That’s it for now.
Just read your post. I’m tall as well, so I bought some bed risers at target and use them on my cutting table to save my back.
It works great.
And just one question????/
whats the clapper for?
Ok,Ok I’m a dork,
it’s not a clapper
clap on, clap off the clapper
it’s a clapper.
You’re not a dork 🙂 I had the same question when I first heard about a clapper. My grandmother sewed and she never used any pressing tools…well other than an iron. Who knew there were tools for pressing? Not me.
Thanks for the bed risers suggestion. I’ll definitely give them a try.